Until I Die (Revenants, #2) - Amy Plum ***Review posted on Ja čitam a ti?
Second book in Revenants series by Amy Plum came out on May 8th and I have to say that it was much better than I expected. Last year when I read first book, Die for Me, I was so disappointed. I guess that problem was that I waited so long for this book, I read few hyped reviews and the cover... Die for Me have one of the most beutiful covers I have ever seen. But let me make something clear: it wasn't the plot that I didn't like - it's quite original and whole Revenants mythology is refreshing compared with usual supernatural beings popular in contemporary fantasy novels. What botherd me the most was the stereotypical representation of Paris and european social norms.

I didn't have those issues with second book. Until I Die is light and fun book to read, ideal for lazy, warm Sunday afternoon. But here's some things you'll need while you read this book.

1. Bowl of coffee. Yes, bowl. Not the cup of coffee. You'll understand why when you read the book. Consider yourself warned so you wouldn't have to get up five times to make some delicious, steaming bowl of coffee as I had to because I was too discracted with all those vivid descriptions.

2. Two croissants with cheese. Just in case you get hungry. And you will.

3. Inspirational surrounding for complete reading expirience. It would be ideal if you have balcony with this amazing view on the city (whereever you live in the world), but if you don't - find it! Go outside! Find that small caffee shop on the corner of most beautiful part of your town (with Paris-feeling). Every town have Montmartre - go there. Or simply sit in that peaceful green park and enjoy in light breeze, fresh air and sunlight on your face.

4. Paris tourist guide book. If you've never been in Paris, you'll definitely need this. Or bring your laptop and every time some place pops up, google it! My favourite - Père Lachaise Cemetery. Talking about Père Lachaise, here's one interesting info: I've talked with Amy Plum on Twitter and she told me this: "I've actualy kissed someone there before, which just felt WRONG!"

We are curious - which is the wierdeest place you've kissed someone? Don't be shy, Tanychy and I love to hear form you guys, so leave us your comments.

***NOTE! Copy of the book is kindly provided by the publisher, HarperCollins via Edelweiss. I'm not paid for writing review - I do this for free as lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.