Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1) - Michelle Rowen Review posted on Ja čitam, a ti?

So... Let's start with easy part. I love this cover - it's probably one of the prettiest covers this year. Too bad that what was betwen the covers wasn't so good. Maybe the problem is in me because I've read few good reviews about Dark Kiss and I wanted for a while now to read a really good book involving angels. (If you, guys, have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.)

My biggest problem with Michelle Rowen's novel was that it didn't feel believable. I know what you are going to say - it is fantasy, it's not realistic - but, in my opinion, for fantasy novels it's even a bigger deal that while you are reading it, you have a feeling that it truly could happen the way author described it. That's why it's important to make sure that plot doesn't have loose ends or that what motivates characters is set out really clearly. Problem with Dark Kiss was plot - it sounds great and interesting, but there is too much repetition and you get lost in Samantha's thinking and going over and over the same stuff. You don't have write again what happened on the next ten pages - we read it, we know.

No matter all the things I found lacking, I still enjoyed in this book - well, I did read it in one day. I like that it has dark atmosphere and that nothing isn't the way it seems. I'm intruigued by Bishop and his past and that's why I'll read next book - Wicked Kiss.