Pretty When She Dies  - Rhiannon Frater

Do you remember that time when vampires were bloodtirsty monsters who didn't have soul, mirror reflection and could be seriously harmed with religious items of all kinds? Vampires with no morals? Immortals with Mount Everest sized egos? Yeah, the good old times before sparkly 900 years old vampire with "forever teen" syndrome. Do you know that Buffy/Edward T-shirt from J!NX?

That is the best way to describe Pretty When She Dies. Book is full Buffy references, but also other popular vampire stories. I thought it was nice touch - it made it feel "real".

Amaliya is no wallflower or damsel in distress. She is all but that. Blond goodie two shoes gone bad, goth, tattooed chick. Add to that unwilling baby vampire and you have trouble. First third book is a little bit slow - there's just Amaliya and her struggle with new vampiric nature. She does what she's best at - runs away. That's her only choice if she wants to survive. I liked that author didn't make her nowdays usual holier than thou type.

Other charaters are pretty much well writen. Cain reminded me of Lestat by his actions and the way that he thinks. But, you are going to love Graandma the most. Story will keep you on the edge untill the end. All of you who like it down and dirty, will enjoy in sexy scenes. Only thing that I minded was steretyphical way of describing certain ethnic groups. Also, dialogues sometimes seemed forced, as if author tried too much to be witty and fun.

Second book in the trilogy, Pretty When She Kills, is coming out on September 7th. We are participating in the blog tour, so be sure to come by on September 10th. I'll just say that second book is even better.

Until next time...

***NOTE! Copy of the book is kindly provided by Rhiannon Frater. (Thank you!!!) I'm not paid for writing review - I do this for free as lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.