Hooked - Liz Fichera Nice cover. Romance on sport's field.

Ever since I read Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally I got over my judgemental self doubting in wisdom of those who write about girls doing any type of sport. But considering that I'm a big sucker for anything that could be labeled as girl power, I got hooked on those kick ass girls. That's probably why I expected that Hooked by Liz Fichera would be similar to Jordan. Well, other than girl in all boys team, there are no other things connecting this two books.
First of all, Fred is Native American and big part of the story is about prejudices and discrimination. I have to admit that it was the weakest part of novel for me - that theme is kind of stereotypical by itself and I couldn't help a feeling that real life Native Americans would laugh at some parts of story. I researched about author and, as far as I could tell, she is not a member, just a someone who admires to a different culture and tradition. I do not know lot about Native Americans so I will not even try to open deep discussions about this - this is just an observation.
Romance on sport's field. It's kind of expected development, don't you think? She is pretty girl in team, and, of course, there has to be alpha boy in the team an, of course, there's angsty love story. Predictable, but still fun to read. (When I say angsty, I don't mean steamy - just to be clear.) Ryan annoyed me most of the time - that boy doesn't have mind of his own. There are bad boys getting in all sorts of trouble but they sill have their heart in the right place and there are bad boys wannabes. He turned out to be a good boy after all, but there's something missing. I don't know. Maybe Liz Fichera will make some things more clear in the next book. We will see.

Until next time,
Glass

****Review posted on Ja čitam, a ti?