Damaged - H.M. Ward Buddy read with Zemira<3
Review posted on Way Too Hot Books

Damn you sexy cover... I've made the same mistake. Again.

Damaged is first book by H.M. Ward I've read, but I thought about reading her novels for a while now. Then something perfect happened - my girl Zemira from YA Fanatic asked me to buddy read Damaged with her. I was all: "You want to read with me? Hot cover? Forbidden romance? Smexy scenes? Hell, yes!!!"
And than I started reading...

Usually in our group Zemira is the one with no patience for pathetic love stories and bad plots, but it seems that this time it would be me. She is going through serious case of hornyness and her usual self was reduced on drooling over Peter's abbs and what not.

This could be really good book. It started good - Sydney sits at the wrong table and starts talking with wrong guy. It was so funny and different, I was internally screaming *Yessss!* while I was on this boring school meeting. And than she started whole "poor me" rant. Writing suddenly went from promising to downright pathetic. My hand started to twitch, I wanted to grab my favorite red pen and put big No! on margins.

Everything happened too fast - she loves him after two days, he thinks she is his second chance, she has crazy ex-boyfriend and oblivious parents, he has dead non-fiancee and they both are running away from something. Oh, one more thing - swing dancing. And whole drama "we shouldn't but we can't help ourselves" that leads to almost kisses and make out sessions on every third page. Okay...

description

This book is weird mix of [b:Easy|16056408|Easy|Tammara Webber|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349370267s/16056408.jpg|19113823] by Tammara Webber and [b:Slave|11690138|Slave (Finding Anna #1)|Sherri Hayes|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347352658s/11690138.jpg|16636791] by Sherri Hayes (without kinky stuff). It could be great book, it still needs much hard work, editing and, most important, plot development. This doesn't mean that I will not read next book - Damaged ended with cliffhanger and I need to see what will happen next. I just hope that it will be better that first one.