Meant to Be - Lauren Morrill ***Review originally posted on Ja čitam, a ti?

It's been a long time since last time I wrote review. Work, stress and, honestly, I've been into different kind of books since last summer. Well, it looks like I am again in sweet young adult novels phase. And what great book to start with.
Meant to Be goes in my special category - summer books. Light, fun reads about summer, road-trips, unexpected love, testing friendships and growing up. Books that make me think about warm nights spent outside with friends, ice-cream and chips we used to eat, boys on bikes and skates ( I don't ride, but I had this really soft spot for boys that do - one of them being my man), shorts and flip-flops, highlights in my hair...

"Paris was a city of love for unimaginative folks."

This is perfect choice for everyone who read and loved Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - London, Shakespeare and love, what's not to like? I know, that was Paris, The City of Love, but you might change your mind after you read this.
I've noticed that some readers didn't like Julia that much, but I think she is something different. Maybe that's just my inner adult-romance-for-the-last-six-months reader, maybe I would find 101 reason to rant about her if I read this book just few days ago when I was in weird book funk, but now I can say just this - Julia is great girl. One of the reasons why I think that? Shakespeare. No, it's not because I'm teacher. I had similar introduction to his plays like Julia and I've spend good part of my teen years obsessing over them. Until this day no one in my family knows for sure how that book ended on our bookshelf. I'll just go with the flow and say... It was meant to be.:)

"I was just hoping that you'd realize that guys like me, go with girls like you."

If you enjoy reading about sweet first love, you are going to devour this book in one sitting. Jason and Julia have this perfect chemistry, at first it looks like they have nothing in common, but just wait. Jason will make you fall on your knees and make silly, googly eyes. Scene in the skate park, in his room and there is one part that made me laugh so hard because it reminded me of all kinky books I've read.

Don't waste your time and go find this book and read it. If you did read it, find it and re-read your favorite parts. Meant to Be deserves big, shiny five stars.