Anatomy of a Boyfriend - Daria Snadowsky Review from Ja čitam, a ti?

I have to say a big thank you to Daria Snadowsky for sending me her Anatomy novels. Second, I owe the biggest apology to Daria Snadowsky for not reading her books three years ago when I saw Anatomy of a Boyfriend on my Goodreads "wall".

First thing that got my attention was the cover. That plastic Kan doll that most of us used to play with. Along with Barbie, of course. And then there are all those pointers like "clueless", "ready to run" or "terra incognita". Title Anatomy of a Boyfriend? My two younger cousins came to visit few weeks ago and when they saw books on my table, they thought that they were some kind of "sex manuals" (their words, not mine). What would you think?

Well, it is kind of sex 101. This is the story about teenage girl who discovers her body and sexuality. A realistic version, not something like tons of young adult romance novels involving sex - recently labeled as new adult. I was curious to see what other people thought about it, so I checked reviews on Goodreads. As I assumed, fans of books like Beautiful Disaster, My Favorite Mistake and similar titles talking about first time experience, weren't impressed with Anatomy of a Boyfriend - they didn't like all real life moments, lack of alpha male character and ending. Others found all those things refreshing and they liked this book because of all those things. Smaller third group is somewhere in the middle, they like it, but it's too realistic for them and they would be happier if it ended differently. So, where do I go? I really liked this novel. This would be one of books I will get my daughter to read. When she gets to that point of her life. (Just to make one thing clear, I don't have kids jet, but I like to think about the things I'd like to teach them.)

I will be honest with you and admit that main character, Dominique, annoyed me. A lot. But after I finished reading and I started to think about it, I got to the conclusion that she is more like teenage girl than most of the fictional girls I've read about. Weird, awkward, clingy... And Wes acts pretty much like every boy I used to know I high school.

Should you read this book? If you want to read something different, if you are sick of pathetic love stories and instant deep connections, Anatomy of a Boyfriend is right choice for you.

***Note! Copy of this book was provided in exchange for honest review by author, Daria Snadowsky. We review books for free, as lovers of written word.***